Shakshuka is a Mediterranean inspired dish that may be tricky to pronounce, but oh so easy to enjoy! This recipe is Artisan Cheesemaker Kris Lloyds own twist on this dish, she refers it to "the ultimate one-pot wonder". How amazing isn't that?
This dish is perfect for anytime of the day and don't be scared, even though the name may be difficult to get right the recipe isn't! The secret ingredient in this Kris Lloyd recipe is one of her latest creations, a creamy and indulgent Goat Curd!
See below for all the info you need to make this dish yourself!
Some olive oil
1 large union - chopped
1-2 Capsicum - chopped or sliced
5 cloves of garlic crushed or finely sliced
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Smokey Paprika
2x440g tinned tomatoes (and juices), chopped or puree (can use fresh)
1 tbsp salt
pepper to taste
6-8 large eggs
10 tsp of fresh Goat Curd (you can get it here)
Parsley, dill and coriander, a handful chopped up
(optional: 1-2 red chilli deseeded and finely diced or chilli flakes)
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, make sure it has a fitted lid for later use.
- Add the chopped onion, cook for about 5 min until soft
- Add chopped capsicum, cook for about 5 min or until soft
- Add garlic (and optional chilli) and cook for 1-2 min
- stir through cumin and smokey paprika
- Add tomatoes and juice, salt and pepper. Then lower the heat and allow to cook for 15 min. If the sauce is too thick you can add a small amount of stock or water to thin.
- Add eggs by using the back of a spoon making a small indent into the sauce and then crack the egg into that well. Scatter placement and repeat with as many eggs as you want to add.
- Let cook until eggs are almost cooked through, as they will continue to cook in the hot sauce after you have turned off the heat, hence its better to turn it off just before they are ready.
- Add spoonfuls of Goats Curd over the top, sprinkle fresh herbs and serve immediately with warm, crusty bread.
SHARE YOUR CREATION WITH US
Did you try to make this recipe? Tag us in your posts on social to let us see how it turned out!